A Lorena Canals rug is for life, to make it last longer, we recommend that you follow these wash and care tips:
- It's completely normal that our washable rugs have fluff in the first months because our products are completely handmade. We recommend Sweeping the rug with a stiff broom and using a vacuum cleaner regularly
- Vacuum regularly to prevent dust and crumbs from setting into the roots of the fibers. Use a low-power suction. Do not use a beater bar or any other rotating articles which may damage the pile. We do not recommend the use of floor-cleaning robots.
- SWEEPING the rug with a soft or natural fiber broom or brush.
- SHAKE OUTSIDE occasionally to help get rid of dirt that may settle between the fibers, especially on the shaggy type.
- Avoid direct and continuous exposure to sunlight as it may affect the colors of the rug
- Use rug protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening the pile.
- If you find loose ends coming out, do not pull. Cut them carefully with scissors to avoid further damage.
- Remove spills immediately. Absorb the spill with a clean, soft cloth by pressing firmly around the spill.
- Made with natural fibers. This may cause slight shedding for a while, especially after the first washes. This process will decrease over time, as the rug gets vacuumed (always on low to moderate suction mode).
- Folding wrinkles will gradually smooth after laying the rug on the floor allowing for the fibers to naturally adapt. However, you can put the rug in the dryer to speed the process before first-time use.
- Suitable for underfloor heating.
- We recommend using the complimentary cotton tote bag to store the rug. Never use airtight plastic bags.
ARTISANALLY HANDCRAFTED ONE BY ONE in India. Each piece is one of a kind, which may cause very slight variations from one to another.
NON-TOXIC DYES - Color shades may vary slightly, especially if the fiber is undyed.
SAFE - This product is non-toxic and complies with all quality and safety regulations for children. ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 certified.